River Ouse Poppleton Sellars & Pumping Station above Poppleton

Public forums where anyone can post topics and ask members questions prior to joining the YDAA and gaining full access to all our boards.
Kaiser
YDAA Member
Full Name: Antony Robinson

River Ouse Poppleton Sellars & Pumping Station above Poppleton

Post by Kaiser » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:37 pm

Hi

Anyone able to give me any info on these stretches. Been in the club for quite a few years and have never fished these lengths as my dad was not able to walk to them (when we went to sellars gate was locked).

Just wondered if I was going to fish them now, any tips on pegs, time of year etc would be greatly appreciated.

I know there was some very good weights early season.

Thank You

Paul C
YDAA Member
Full Name: Paul S Cordock

Re: River Ouse Poppleton Sellars & Pumping Station above Poppleton

Post by Paul C » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi Antony

Poppleton has fished well this season. Bumper bream catches in early York matches in June (164lb & 82lb), and good pleasure catches too, and the odd barbel showing up. Bream hot spots from opposite Overton Church Farm up to killingbeck, but first set of wires about 7/8 pegs up from 'white gate' have also produced. If weather remains mild, and there is some colour in the water, bream will still show, and on a low river, roach will provide good sport on float tactics.

A committee member has put in timber steps to 15 pegs, and built two platforms, with two more to follow soon in early pegs.

Hope this is helpful.

Kaiser
YDAA Member
Full Name: Antony Robinson

Re: River Ouse Poppleton Sellars & Pumping Station above Poppleton

Post by Kaiser » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:15 pm

Thanks Paul

Appreciate the info. Fished Pop for a few hours Saturday before last had one nice bream and a few bits as did my mate.

We met the committee member who put the steps in. Lovely chap and very helpful.
Will definitely visit again soon

Cheers

Tony